HELP..Spouse visa Medical sent to Sydney

The Yuills

Has anyone had a medical for a spouse visa referred to Sydney. We have been told today by case officer that my hubbys medical and xray were not cleared by the panel doctor and referred to Health Operations Unit in Sydney for clearance.

Does anyone know what this means. We are panicking as we never gave failing the medical as an option and thought as I was Australian and we have been together for 25 years and 3 kids. We are just about to complete on our house aswell!!!!

Please any feedback appreciated.

Sue:shocked:

Don't be affraid, I got the same when I was applying for my prospective marriage visa; it seems all medicals are sent to Sydney, and the results are sent back to the processing office. In my case it took about 2 weeks till they got the result back, and my visa was granted right after. :)

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Sue

Please relax. Medicals for Spouse visas are frequently sent to Sydney for clearance by the Medical Officer of the Commonwealth, which is a group of Government doctors called the Health Assessment Service.

The Panel Doctor's job is to examine the visa applicant and report any "significant finding." Even slightly raised blood pressure is a "significant finding" which requires the Panel Doctor to tick Box B on Form 26. If Box B is ticked then DIAC's Admin staff cannot clear the medicals by themselves. They have to be sent to Sydney.

The Panel Doctor might have ticked Box B in a moment of distraction if he said nothing during the medical. Also a selection of Box A meds are sent to Sydney anyway for "quality control" purposes (to shut DIAC's internal auditors up, in other words.)

Sending the Meds to Sydney usually causes a delay of around 4-6 weeks but no more.

If Hubby had a serious medical condition, plainly you would know about it. Since you seem bewildered I cannot think this is anything serious.

Best wishes

Gill

Thank you both Marci and Gollywobbler, that is somewhat reassuring. They did say that on the Xray some marks on lungs probably caused by chickenpox pnuemonia but consultant advised in report that it was of no clinical significance. So we are hoping that it is just that.

Again thanks for that case officer said 3- 4 weeks 2 weeks already gone so hopefully we hear soon.

Again thanks for your replies.

Sue

Archived